Thursday, February 11, 2010

A early version Drop Centre in "O" scale part 5

Not a lot to talk about at the moment. The weather has been somewhere between 30 and 35 degrees C for the last few weeks and along with the rain the humidity has been above 85% at times. Not exactly suitable for airbrushing a new model. But I have fitted the brass safety rails across the windows and all the roof detail. Also a set of my homebuilt controllers and handbrake handles are in place in the cabs. This is where the all over grey colour scheme really makes life easy. I have deliberately left out the seats as it is easier to hand paint the floors dark grey after the rest is airbrushed I can then glue in the seats later. For me, it makes a much neater job. the additional brass work was polished on the original trams so that will all be added later as well.

The two photos are general shots showing the roof details and the window safety rails which have been added since my last post. The controller and brake handle are just visible inside the cab. These cabs were very spartin on the handbrake cars. Basically the cab was empty except for the above mentioned items and the overhead breaker. No seats and no instrumentation.


Again I placed too much trust in the original plans and I'm not happy with the headlights. They are too large and I think I shall have to file them off and redo them. Not a big job and I can do that while I'm waiting for the weather to improve. Meanwhile I'm looking at bulk producing a number of maximum traction trucks for my next few models. Then I really have to start a layout.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered this series of messages and most impressed with the quality and good ideas. It's useful learning, as I carry on with my experiments in UK tramway modelling. Will mention this site to colleagues.

    ReplyDelete