Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A early version Drop Centre in "O" scale part 2

Not much to report on but as I needed to take some progress photos I thought I would make another post anyway.

I have finished cutting out all the pieces and the first photo is of them all spread out on the table.
The score and snap method went much faster than cutting right through with cardboard. It only took a day but now I have a sore finger from pressing down on the knife. The edges needed much less cleaning up afterwards as well.

Like cardboard though I needed to resharpen the knife blade every few minutes and unlike card the first cut had to be very light so as to just score the surface otherwise the blade tendered to wander away from the straight edge. A bit like grooved rail the first cut provided a guide for the blade's second and heavier cut.

All the pieces that needed laminating have been glued together and were left sandwiched between two pieces of glass overnight. These pieces produce the window frames and doors etc. Only two of these pieces are handed and guess who glued them the wrong way round. It would have made the drivers doorway on the wrong side. So I had to make new ones of these. The next photo shows all the pieces in their approximate positions.

The next stage is the fun part. Assembling the model. It has been so long since I started the first one I have no idea what some of the pieces are for any more. Maybe I'll find out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment