Friday, June 25, 2010

Scrubber Car No 15 in "O" scale part 3

The joys of modelling. I decided to start assembly this morning but discovered to my annoyance that I had laminated the side layers together the wrong way round. I needed my open doorway to be at the front left and I ended up with them both on the wrong side instead. I was able to salvage the display boards but I have had to cut out new sides and now I'm waiting for the glue to dry.

In the mean time I have finished working on the advertisements for the model. I have used a free copy of "Paint Shop Pro" for years and upgraded it recently to "Paint Shop Pro 10" when it was also became a free give away for awhile. I did try "The Gimp" as an alternative as it is free and very good but totally different in how it does things. The learning curve was to steep and as I was already familiar with PSP I have stayed with it.


I scanned in the best photo of No 15 I could find and using PSP I cut the ads out, corrected the perspective and then resized them to fit the model. What I ended up with was something rather blurry but by creating a second layer above the first, I redrew the ads. Everything has been totally replaced except for the coke bottles and the glass. These have been fiddled with and enhanced as best as I can but retained. I figure when they are on a moving tram they will look ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment