Friday, October 16, 2009

A Card model of No 400 in "O" scale part 5

My model of 400 now has it's seats fitted and final grey on the sides. The decals have been fitted to both sides. The "Take it easy take a tram" ads were used by the Brisbane city Council when a paid ad wasn't available. They were usually attached to boards that could be easily removed and transferred to another tram. There was never a strip ad above the doors associated with these as was common with the paid variety.

The seats were made out of balsa but next time I will use Evergreen styrene as I think the finish will be far superior. The roof has to still be finished as I have just remembered that the early FMs had the traction power wiring exposed on the top of the roof. I'm not sure of the exact route the wiring took so I shall have to check on my next visit to the museum. No 400 has a completely different roof to all the other FMs and it's roof appears to have been painted the same grey as the sides in it's later years but a liberal coating of grime gave it the appearance of a fairly dark grey colour.

In the meantime I shall be working on the side frames and installing the trucks. Still plenty to do.
I also have a phoenix class well under way and I am looking forward to getting back to working on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment