Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Card model of a Phoenix tram in "O" scale part 1

While I'm waiting to get my new airbrush working I decided to continue on with my card version of a Phoenix class tram that has been sitting on the shelf for some time. It still needs the seats fitted and the decals added.

I was able to photograph the Phoenix emblem at the museum and I changed the blue background to white using Paint Shop Pro then I scaled it in Corel Draw and produced left and right images. I printed the images onto a ordinary piece of printer paper using the single sheet feeder. Looked like what I wanted so I taped a small piece of clear decal sheet, left over from some commercial decals, over top of the printing on the paper. I figured that the printer would print in the same place again and fed it back through the printer. It did and it printed without any problems with the white background coming out clear. Now when I get my airbrush going I will spray a gloss clear over the images before I wet them.

The seats will be a small problem as this model was built for a "Bull Ant" mechanism. This unit is quite high and it was necessary to create a floor at one end which is just below the height of the window sill. The truck at the other end is scratch built from brass and uses Jackson RP25/100 wheels with the axles extended.

Now off to start making seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment