Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Card model of No 400 in "O" scale part 6

I finally managed to get the adaptors I needed for my new airbrush so I have finished off my model of Brisbane FM N0 400 at last. It has had the roof cabling done and the roof sprayed in a fairly typical darkish grey. My scratch built trolley poles have been done in the same grey. The model is on a pair of powered and un-powered black beetle mechs.

The tram is on route 60, a Balmoral service, because that's the tram my wife used to catch home from the city every day.


I have modelled the tram for the late 1960s period and the ads which are correct for the period are from "Transit Classics" One side is for "Checkmate Chocolates" which I haven't seen in the shops for years and the other side is the "Take it easy take a tram" ads that were explained in an earlier post.

This tram actually had "Johnny Walker Scotch Whisky" ads on one side and ads for "Vincents Headache Powders" on the other side when the Brisbane tramway system was closed in April 1969. The combination was probably supposed to tell you something.


I now have 494 and 400 finished and will soon have my Phoenix class finished. That will give me three Brisbane FMs so it is time to start a few different models.

No comments:

Post a Comment